Our 3rd and 4thGrade class draws its content from a variety of sources over the year. They include:
- Hebrew. We will learn the sounds the letters and vowels make, how to write them, with the final goal of combining letters and vowels and ultimately reading words.
- History. We will be learning Jewish history from Abraham to Babylonia.
- Shabbat and Havdalah. We will become familiar with the weekly celebrations, the origins, traditions and symbols associated with them.
- Bible stories. From a secular perspective, we will discuss the people of the Bible, with an emphasis on showing that they have strengths and weaknesses just like us.
- Holidays. We will learn about the holidays from a humanistic perspective, including the observances, origins, and symbols. We can reinforce our knowledge of the holiday by making a craft.
- Literature. Through plays, we will hear stories that embody a secular and humanistic point of view.
- Values and ethics. Through role play and other forums, we will talk about values and ethics and their effect on our self esteem and dignity and those around us.